Moving to TX is a big deal for us (if my Uncle would ever decide, that is) and it makes it even more agitating when that means my relative (who will not be named) wants to be a complete bitch about it. It isn't her life to dictate and we have cleaned up her shit for the last time. . .we hope.
You know, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it didn't upset my grandmother. The fangs are out. Idk what this relative's problem is, but I can't tolerate it. Shit changes, and it will change again. She isn't a child anymore, and even if she wants to relive that, she will never be again. GROW UP PPL!
I have been dealing with this too. I want to be a kid again, but dreaming means nothing and I never will. Time to grow up.
A great thing about growing up. You don't have to count on anyone. However, I realize that the first step to me growing up will be living in a dorm. It is sad that there will be no kitchen, but it can't be helped. So, in the spirit of that, I have decided to post a quick and easy recipe for one of my families favorite treats. In a dorm I assume they allow the basics in terms of food and a hotplate, so if you have an oven and a frig full of stuff you are going to be far better off than me!
Yes, they will kill you at an early age because of all the cholesterol and fat, but it will be a happy death. I am a firm believer that the primordial ooze we all crawled from was in actuality a vat of melted butter. Any-who, on with the recipe!
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS!
1 lb margarine (country crock) or 4 sticks. . . loosely translates into 2 cups.
140 oz. Peanut Butter (Peter Pan etc etc)
2 box confectioner sugar (or one of those medium bags)
Mix everything together. (messy, no?)
Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs.
Put wax paper on a pan and roll out "dough" into small balls.
(Optional - chocolate coating)
1 cake Paraffin wax (MAKE SURE IT IS THE EDIBLE KIND! another type is used for candlemaking)
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips.
Melt wax (be careful and do this slowly. It is flammable)
Melt chocolate chips in the same pot with the wax once wax is melted (the wax retains shine and consistency when chocolate is at room temp)
Mix and lower heat.
Dip in balls while making sure the chocolate is still mildly warm.
After dipping place in freezer for 1 hr.
Take out and put in Gal. Ziploc bag and replace in freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve
I have been making these since I was young. They are great if you aren't on a diet. I love them, and some things will always stay the same. . . even as everything else changes.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment