OH! FOR THE LOVE OF. . . .

One college girl's search to understand growing up, and the lost art of loving herself and the world through food!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Delicious and Nutritious, and doesn't piss me off!

THE CONTENTS OF THIS POST HAVE BEEN REMOVED BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T FEEL LIKE MAKING WAVES. APPARENTLY, I CANNOT BLOG WITHOUT DOING SO.

THANK YOU FOR THE CONCERN, THOSE WHO WANT ME TO BE HAPPY, IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, BUT NOT NEEDED. I AM NATURALLY VERY HAPPY, BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO VENT MY FRUSTRATIONS IN HEALTHY WAYS. HOWEVER, IT MEANS ALOT.
POST HAS BEEN REMOVED!!!
-MANAGEMENT



Green Beans w/ Chicken and Feta


1 lb chicken breast (I tend to cook more, but w/e)
1 tbsp EVOO
1 lemon
6 oz fresh green beans (or more, these cook separately so make as much as you can eat.)
1 block and a half of feta cheese (bought the size of a woman's hand)
1 tomato, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Broil chicken with lemon slices and on top for anywhere between 4-10 mins (depending on size and thickness)
Flip the chicken half way through and try to replace lemon slice (doesn't have to be perfect)
Let cook between 4 - 10 mins (make sure it is entirely done before you remove it from the oven!)
When it is getting close to finishing, boil green beans until they are tender but still bright green (they will not be like canned ones, but they will be softer than when you placed them in the pot. Theoretically, 3 mins should be about perfect. A little more if you aren't into crispy legumes.)
Cut chicken up into cubes and set aside.
Remove green beans from pot and set in bowl.
Add chicken, tomato, feta, and EVOO while the beans are hot. It helps to melt the cheese.
Toss as if it were salad. ( I add a little lemon juice, but the chicken is really lemony so it is up to your tastes)
Serves 2 - 4

Believe it or not, this is really good. I hate feta, but this dish is fantastic and it isn't complete without the feta. (trust me, I have tried it. The creaminess of the feta is a nice contrast to the lemon and tomato) Trust and believe people!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment