OH! FOR THE LOVE OF. . . .

One college girl's search to understand growing up, and the lost art of loving herself and the world through food!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Ok my smoofy followers! I would like to welcome the spring season! Glorious as it is, it will fade and before I know it, winter will be here again. So, I figured I would give you all a fantastic little treat that is perfect for the springtime.

Apple, pear, and walnut salad.

1 orange, zested
2 1/2 tbsp. Orange Juice (I just squeeze the orange I zested. It is fresher and tastes better. I use the whole orange too, even if it is more than the recommended amount.)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 c. raisins
2/3 c. toasted wlanuts
4 apples, chopped (try for two kinds. I use fuji and granny smith)
2 pears, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix it all together. Serves 6. I like to let it chill for a few hours so the flavors have time to meld together. Fantastic as an appetizer, dessert or snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment