OK, so misfortune sucks, but I believe in heaven and that those that I lost are very happy there so I would like to keep my spirits up. The way I do this is by keeping busy. I cannot let the realities of life get me down. So, I look onto the future! What is the future you ask?
Easter!
That bunny loving holiday is one of my favorites because it encompasses the things I love most, animals, family and CANDY! Yes, I know, I could stand to lay off the sweets, but you can kiss my fat sweet loving ass. I love the yumminess, cheries!
One of my favorites (at least from what I can remember) is my aunt Mary's Ginger Snaps. Except, I haven't had them since I was four. Yes, you heard me, FOUR! That would be over 15 years!!! And, trust me ppl, it is not because I have not asked. I have. Her excuse? I lost it >.<
Damn. That sucks.
BUT! Today, I came across the recipe (well she had a bunch sitting out because we are going to make goodies for easter, so she must have found it. BUT ANY-WHO!). 15 years of just dreaming about these cookies and now, I have the recipe! They are fantastic with an after dinner cup of coffee, o'cher! Trust and BELIEVE!!!! When you make these, think of the best and most talented Auntie in the World!!! Love you Aunt Mary!
Mary's Ginger Snaps!
3 sticks butter - melted
1/2 cup molasses
2 cups sugar
2 eggs - Beat well
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger - ground
1 tsp cloves - ground
Combine all!
Mix
Refrigrate for 3 hours (min)
Form small balls
roll in sugar
Bake @ 350 Degrees F for 8 - 10 mins
Most delicious! Enjoy cheries!
Happy Easter, N.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment