Mango Lassi!
It is a drink, from India, that is usually only served during special events. When I first had it, I was at an Indian wedding (a three day event!). I downed about 4 of them! They are sweet and fun and all around banging!
The recipe is easy! Fantastic for summer or when eating something spicy as the creaminess of it negates the heat!
1 cup mango
1 cup PLAIN yogurt
1/2 cup milk
(optional) dash of cardamon
sugar to taste (usually about 5 tps for me >.> but I like mine really sweet)
peel and chop mango
place chopped mango, yogurt, milk, and sugar (and cardamon if desired) in blender and liquefy!
serve cold!
I loved this, except I gave up sugar for lent and used sweet and low. Not exactly bad, but I prefer granulated sugar! Oh well, it is only forty days. *shrug*
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment