OH! FOR THE LOVE OF. . . .

One college girl's search to understand growing up, and the lost art of loving herself and the world through food!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fast and Easy, dinner from the east!

In light of doing anything school related, I have decided I was going to cook myself some dinner! I really was craving chicken stir-fry,but of course. . . I forgot to thaw the chicken (being that I live with a granny that loves to freeze everything! EVERYTHING!). I have a bad track record when it comes to thawing things, so I decided to wait for another night for chicken!

What I did end up doing was making some of the yummiest fried rice! The recipe is simple and it took me only about 5 minutes. (Rice must be precooked!)

precooked rice
peas (canned)
soy-sauce
egg
oil

heat a skillet over high heat and put a tablespoon (or so) or oil in it.
When oil is hot, crack an egg and scramble very quickly!
Transfer to plate, wipe skillet and put in a tablespoon more oil.
Toss in precooked rice. Let fry for around 3 minutes or so.
Toss in your egg, some soysauce to taste and salt and pepper.
Throw in some canned peas (only about 1/4 of the can)
Cook for a minute or so more, then eat!

very good (at least mine was) very easy. I was very proud of this! Usually I hate soy-sauce and cannot cook asian food. I have skillz!

No comments:

Post a Comment